Monday, September 25, 2006

Use your breastfeeding councillor

While in hospital after the delivery I was visited by the breastfeeding councillor, and she was fantastic with tips on technique and what to expect. She gave me an information card with a phone number for the breastfeeding councillor service, my advice is - USE IT.

When feeding was going wrong after sleepless nights it was difficult to keep going without feeling disappointed or a failure. My partner reminded me of the breastfeeding service and encouraged me to give them a call. I did and it was just a big relief to talk to another mother who has been in the same situation. I was offered plenty of encouragement and gently reminded of the technique.

The service in my area was 24 hours so it was great to know there was a mother on call!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home